Letting Your Property
When you purchased your property, your legal advisor will have informed you that the terms of your lease will state the way in which you can use and enjoy it. If you are proposing to let your property, we strongly recommend that you satisfy yourself of the following before you proceed:
- You should check that the terms of your lease allow you to let your property. Provisions in leases vary from property to property and you must consult your legal advisor if you are in doubt.
- Check that the terms of your mortgage (if you have one) allow you to let your property. These can vary and you should check with your lender if you are in doubt.
- Your lease and/or the terms of your mortgage conditions may only permit you to let your property on particular terms, e.g. only on an assured short hold tenancy – your legal advisor and/or your lender, as appropriate, will be able to advise.
- If your lease permits you to let your property, it will usually require you to notify the freeholder and/or your management company that you intend to let your flat and to advise of the terms of the letting. Where there is such a requirement, a fee is usually payable. Each time there is change in tenancy, you must follow the same procedure. Provisions in leases vary and you should consult your legal advisor when in doubt.
YOUR HOME MAY BE AT RISK WHERE YOU AND/OR YOUR TENANTS DO NOT COMPLY STRICTLY WITH THE TERMS OF THE LEASE. IF WE HAVE TO WRITE TO EITHER PARTY TO ENFORCE LEASE COVENANTS THEN AN ADMINISTRATION FEE WILL BE CHARGED TO THE PROPERTY ACCOUNT.
Once you have satisfied yourself that you may let your property:
- Please complete and submit the form below.
- As you will no longer be residing at the property, please ensure you advise us of your forwarding address and contact tel. numbers so you can be contacted in case of emergencies by returning the completed form overleaf.
- It is a requirement of the Fire Regulations that we are kept informed of who is living in your property. Please ensure that each time there is a change of tenancy you complete and submit this form.
- Once we receive the details of the tenancy a copy of the Regulations relating to the block (if applicable) will be forwarded to your tenant.