Standard Procedure for Complaints Handling
We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below (if you feel we have not resolved your complaint within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).
This procedure has been prepared in compliance with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Association of Residential Managing Agents and The Property Ombudsman guidelines.
- The person appointed to deal with complaints within the firm is Matthew Strong MRICS, Managing Director, and you should not hesitate to contact him at this address.
- Where your complaint is initially oral, we will ask you to please put it in writing, sending us a written summary of your complaint.
- When we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will send you an acknowledgment letter within three working days, enclosing a copy of this procedure. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by our managing director who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within fifteen working days of sending the acknowledgment letter, to inform you of our final viewpoint on the matter letting you know what actions have been or will be taken.
- If you are still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) you can request a free independent review.
- For consumer clients:
The Property Ombudsman
43 – 55 Milford St, Salisbury SP1 2BP
Tel: 01722 333306
Web site: www.tpos.co.uk
- For commercial clients:
RICS Dispute Resolution Service
Surveyor Court, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JE
Tel: 020 7334 3808
Fax: 020 7334 3802
Web site: www.rics.org